Updated: Nov 6, 2019
Sometimes all it takes to get started is a little guidance and education. When I started thinking about creating a site for people to buy nutrition coaching and other services from me I knew I wanted to provide a meal plan for a couple of reasons and I worked hard on creating this one that I think you'll love because...
1. Sometimes you just need some ideas to get started. You can scroll through Pinterest or Instagram for hours and hours looking for healthy meal ideas but it can get very overwhelming and sometimes that means you just give up and fall back on your go-to options, options that may not be the healthiest or most nutritious. Having a few weeks worth of meal ideas in once place simplifies things and makes it much easier to NOT get overwhelmed.
2. These meals are SIMPLE! I don't like spending hours and hours prepping and cooking. I want meals that are simple, don't call for a lot of ingredients (because...I don't want it to cost a lot!) and are basic and easy to put together (less stress = happy).
3. These meals and snacks are easy to adjust for a family or for one! I am married with no kids (yet!) so I'm usually cooking for just two. That's why it's nice to have recipes that won't create a ton of leftovers that will just go to waste. However the dinner recipes usually make enough for 4-6 people so you CAN have leftovers if you want or you can feed your family/friends. Lunches are usually single servings but can be doubled, tripled, etc. to feed more. Totally customizable!
4. You can use this meal plan ANY way you want. If you do better with more structure, you can follow the days as they are mapped out in the meal plan "outline" OR if you just want some healthy recipes to start eating a little better, you can pick which recipes you like and just add those into what you're currently doing. If you're counting macros, the macros for all the meals and snacks are listed on there. So it's totally up to you how you use it!
5. It's not restrictive. You'll find bread, pasta and all the good things in this plan BUT you'll also find lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains. It's a balanced approach to allow you to start eating healthier but in a way that is actually sustainable. No quick fixes or "detoxes". You'll actually LEARN how to incorporate foods you love into a healthier lifestyle without cutting out any food groups.
**A few other random facts: Grocery lists are included for the weeks, along with notes of what you should "already have" if you followed the meals/grocery list for the first week. It makes it super easy to pop in and out of the store without the stress of figuring out what you need to buy to make each recipe.
This is a two week plan with 14 breakfast ideas, 14 lunch ideas and 10 dinner ideas (with the thought that you'll likely eat out or have leftovers a couple times a week). The plan repeats itself 3 times for a total of a 6 week plan...of course you can keep repeating it or just using the recipes and meal/snack ideas for as long as you want!
"A little preview of some of the meals you'll find in this meal plan....